The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports postdoctoral researchers in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is delighted to welcome Dr. Marquita Genies, M.D., M.P.H., inaugural Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Postdoctoral Affairs Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Welcome Dr. Genies!
To request an appointment, please submit an appointment request. If this is an urgent issue or you need other information, please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs directly at [email protected]
- Professional Development and Career Office listing of events for August 2023.
- Overview and Reference Guide to 2023-2024 Benefits for JHU Postdocs. The new JHU Health Insurance Enrollment and Waiver Website is now open.
- New postdocs hold the date! The next monthly orientation and information session for new postdocs will be held virtually on July 21st. New postdocs will be contacted directly with more information.
- Advanced K-Grant Writing Workshop August 16th 2023. For more information about the workshop and how to register see description and flier.
- Janssen Scholars of Oncology Diversity Engagement Program call for applications for the Janssen Oncology Day (virtual meeting). Applications are due August 28, 2023. Postdocs interested in learning about the R&D in Industry are encouraged to apply. For more information about eligibility and application submission, see here.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Additional Ventures Catalyst to Independence Awards. Postdocs engaged in Cardiology research broadly relevant to single ventricle disease are eligible to apply.
- Fulbright Scholars Program announces availability of Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards. Information about the funding opportunities, eligibility and application instructions.
- New from NSF: Comprehensive post of funding opportunities and resources for postdocs and grad students called NSF: 101 Graduate and Postdoctoral Researcher Funding Opportunities.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at [email protected].
2023 Research Accelerator Award Winners
Dr. Joanna Konopka, Department of NeuroscienceProject: Identification of chemosensory receptors in Anopheles mosquito leg tarsi guiding sex-specific behaviors
Faculty PI: Dr. Christopher Potter
Dr. Angelica Cruz Lebron, Department of PathologyProject: Investigating prostatic fluid extracellular vesicles cargo in prostate cancer
Faculty PI: Dr. Karen Sfanos
Dr. Leah Elias, Department of NeuroscienceProject: Identify the circuits and molecular mechanisms by which the brain senses and encodes sleep pressure
Faculty PI: Dr. Seth Blackshaw
Dr. Leda Restrepo Cardona, Department of Genetic MedicineProject: Epigenetic determinants insights into the role of the long non-coding RNA Meg3 in the pathogenesis of aortic aneurysm
Faculty PI: Dr. Elena Gallo MacFarland
Dr. Chi-Ju Kim, Department of UrologyProject: The discovery of therapy resistance-mediating extracellular vesicles
Faculty PI: Dr. Kenneth Pienta
Dr. Nanami Senoo, Department of PhysiologyProject: Elucidation of the pathology of Barth syndrome cardiomyopathy
Faculty PI: Dr. Steven Claypool
Dr. Shuai Wu, Department of Biophysics and Biophysical ChemistryProject: Structural basis for the inhibition of full-length cGAS by di-nucleosomes
Faculty PI: Dr. Jungsan Sohn
Dr. Sowmya Ramesh, Department of Pathology, Division of Surgical PathologyProject: Non-opioid Analgesic Lipid Nanoparticles to alleviate Osteosarcoma Disease Progression
Faculty PI: Dr. Aaron James
Need Career Counseling? The Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) offers assistance with CV reviews, interviewing strategies, job applications, and more. Appointments are made through handshake.
Dana Boatman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Sr. Administrative Coordinator, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, M.B.A.
Administrator, Graduate Medical Education & Postdoctoral Programs
Senior Credentialing Specialist, Office of the Registrar
Senior Administrative Coordinator, GME and Postdoctoral Programs
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196